This summer has been awesome. A LOT of much needed relaxation and social time for the kids and I. Pool days with Adrienne and her kiddos, and all of the other moms, lots of play dates with Margo and her family as well as the Hinton kids and the Alley's too. I LOVE SUMMER!!! We spend the day doing breakfast (after my BLGF classes), morning chores, fun and relaxed Bible time and worship, playing Wii, watching movies..."evucadial" films as Owen says, reading Elijah From Buxton, eating all of our meals together, projects, play time and LOTS and lots and lots of Whitney time! The kids also participated in the Salem United Methodist's VBS where Lily and Owen lead worship with Cale. So cute! Also of importance is our new found love of Mardi Gras Snowballs! It has been the little, normal moments in our laid back summer routines that I will treasure in my heart forever. The quiet time spent building upon the relationships that I am so blessed to have with each of my children. These are precious days and I wish I could hold them in my hands forever at times...but then I am equally excited to continue along this journey with them. I suppose I am sentimental because my next intended BLOG is about our upcoming homeschool year, signaling the end of Summer right around the corner. But those that know me well will know that I am currently in the middle of one of the most defining battles of my walk with GOD so far...not that I doubt HIM, or HIS goodness, but that my heart is heavy, full, and geared up all in one over the past few days. As time goes on I will elaborate, for now, if you read this, just pray for me.
I fully intended to get a portfolio of pictures together for Cole's birthday, but that might have to wait until we get computer #3 bought and working...my computer is still soooo s.l.o.w.!
The summer started off with me making a vision board of my home decor projects which lead to me commissioning 3 highly valued artists in the Tallahassee area...
We also spent a week at Grandma and Grandpa Kubilus's house...
I HEART SCRABBLE!!! Nothing screams fun like playing Scrabble with my MOM!!!
Look at our little tri-athlete in the making...
Cole went to Sea World with Grandma for his 10th birthday. Yes, 10th...tear!
I Mean COME ONE!!!
My Lily Beach Beauty...
A trip to Starbucks, and then the beach...
LOVE THIS:
Where I grew up...not bad, not bad at all...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELOVED SON!
Lily wrapped up one of her favorite games to give to Cole for his big day...BFF's!
He disappeared for 15 minutes and came back out with this:
Had to include the series...My boys were getting OUT OF HAND...until...
I Finally YELLED, "BOYS!!! STOP IT!!!" super loud right into my Grandpa's poor ears, and then realized he probably heard me that time on the first try...so I got to laughing...
My Mom is the best daughter in the world...seriously, she serves and loves her Dad beautifully!
Owen colored this for my parents when he was 3...I had to take a shot...
Kristen and I...a photo hanging in my parent's room...
Here we have Cole's Bday celebration #2 at Uncle Aaron's house and the beach...FUN DAY spent fishing and hunting for hermit crabs...YES, THE HERMIT CRAB from that facebook post...eeewwwwww
Whitney is the love of my life...
Here is a funny pic of Owen fooling around with Lily and I on my bed. We cracked up about it.
Lily skunked me twice today in UNO (as always)...very proud showing Lil, good job!
Off to bed, good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your thoughts and input, and I sincerely take them to heart.