Sunday, September 12, 2010
Owen's Spontaneous Photo Shoot
So last week I sent Owen and Lily outside to play as it was one of the first cooler days of September (only to become a distant memory by this weekends upper 90-degree weather). I took a few pictures of Lily reading, and then turned around to face Owen. I asked him to smile, and all of the sudden he began leaning and turning and flashing me his pearly whites. MMMMMMMM-I could EAT HIM UP everyday! Love that boy!
Now REMEMBER-all of this was his own doing:
Lily is the BEST older sister in the world. She has a stash of stickers and toys that she collects specifically and only to give to Owen to reward him for obeying Mommy or his teachers...or for if he gets hurt. She did this all on her own accord. When anyone asks her if she would like a sticker or a treat she picks out something that she can give put in her stash for Owen. She loves so well!!! Anyway Tim and I were hysterically laughing the other day discussing the 'standard' that Owen's wife will have to live up to: Lily frequently throws Owen birthday parties any given day where she has invitations, toys wrapped up in blankets, singing and the Melissa and Doug B-day cake assembled! Tonight she gave him a 'baby-ssage' (massage) after his bath, she choreographs dances for him and her, she reads to him everyday and basically dotes on him! Tim and I always joke that Owen LOVES being OWEN...life is a party for him... he truly is as sweet on the inside as he is on the outside! I think I have Lily to thank for some of that!
So here we have them playing a game in which all I remember is that Owen was on the bed because he got sick and all of the children brought him presents the next day...coincidentally Lily was reading Pollyanna recently.
Next we have the UNO game Lily set up for Owen on her blanket in the foyer...I am soooo grateful that she is patient like her Dad! Teaching a four year old UNO is not my idea of a good time :)
Here is just 2 random photos of Owen playing. I know I will love the ordinary pictures of everyday life the most when these days are but a shadow:
Ok, Off to bed... Tomorrow starts a new week with Cole's 1st writing class and Lily's 1st ballet class...they are both a little nervous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love your new blog update. Just have to tell you Bobby Fischer was the tennis player who played against Billie Jean King. The Original Battle of the Sexes! Our new coach is Jimbo Fischer. LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat stories, great photos! Miss you all so much! Mom