Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BLONDE MOMENT


Ok, so I have to get this down before too much longer. Whenever I say something really stupid Tim and I always follow it up by commenting in a really high pitched girlish voice, "HI! I Homeschool." Like on Saturday, for instance, I asked Cale which of the two 'horses' in front of me was a Marshtackie...She looked at me confused and we kept this up until finally she said, "Jenn, honey...those are COWS! The Marshtackie is the horse behind them!" In my defense I had waken up at 5:45 that morning with a cough and ran 11 miles in the coldest wind yet! Tough morning. All day I had dehydration brain. So that type of thing is only semi-worthy of a "Hi! I Homeschool" comment.
HOWEVER...the following is prime example. I like to say that my problem is that I don't drink enough (alcohol). I am averaging about 2 alcoholic drinks a year. So, it takes about 2 Tablespoons of alcohol before I feel it.  One of the 2 yearly drinks is at Tim's office party when I get my one White Russian. Problem is I get all fuzzy on people's names later :) Not only is it yummy and festive, it just takes the edge of of environments like that...HAHAHA...read on...
So, I had Tim take the drink back and dump out some of the Russian  and add some more of the White...so I really don't even have a legitimate excuse for what I said. We were sitting around the dinner table with all of Tim's co-workers. Men, and their wives who respect Tim for the years of service and wisdom he displays...Bless Him! One of the women were sharing about how she had to nurse back her husband from a tear to his Achilles tendon that occurred the previous year. It was a brutal recovery. Well, I turned to Tim and said (unintentionally loud enough for all to hear) "Oh! We studied that in Greek Mythology, the Achillies Tendon...who was that named after??? (pause, pause, pause)...Hmmm., Oh Hercules!"
You should have seen Tim's FACE! LOL!!! He was like "Shut UP" in the eyes...and I have never even heard him say Shut Up! Roar! Oh Well, blame it on the Russian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and input, and I sincerely take them to heart.