Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Octoberfest at The Batey's...

So, last spring Jess Platt and I went garage sale-ing at the Betton Hills Garage Sale. I made out like a bandit. A globe in a stand, Christmas trees in pots, cool basket, framed mirror and other stuff that filled up Tim's car in minutes flat. It was fun and totally spastic at the same time. Ok, I was totally spastic. So, when Margo & Hays told me 2 Friday's ago about the Southwood Garage sale, I called my faithful friend Jess and we left my house by 7:15 am. I was on my way to find this couch and chair I saw on facebook. Jess is about the only person I could ever go garage sale shopping with bc she doesn't take it personally when I get in the zone and run to the sale, leaving her still in the car barely unbuckling her seat belt. Well, I found the couch and chair in no time and bought it for $200 flat. After picking up some more fun loot, I called Tim and asked him to put our couches on Craig's List for $200. 30 minutes after I returned home from Southwood my couches were sold & picked up with time to spare until Hays dropped off my new purchase. I had Tim bring the white tables downstairs from out of  my closet, and VOILA' ...we have a new FREE living room. (Those tables were a find off of the side of the road on my way to swimming one day...I rescued them from the dump and loved them back to life!) Annie Sloan's paint in Old White. Love!



I plan on getting some cuter pillows in the future. Rug too. One thing at a time.

That night Ashley was in town so the girls and I had a reunion din din at Harry's. Fun times...it was perfect outside.


These are some photos taken throughout the week:

Sisters
Fun visit with Amber
No Girls Aloud
Boys Are Aloud
Cole doing some walking therapy with Whit Whit


Dress alike day
On Friday my Mom & Dad came for a visit and it was the sweetest time I have spent with them in the longest time!!! My Dad was in NJ for most of the beginning of this year, so it was great to see him and spend time with him. And, I miss my Mom always. Good times. We walked around Lafayette Heritage lake, watched football, and my Dad and I worked on fixing my favorite lamps. It was fun to relax and spend time together. My parents are so very generous and I LOVE them so very much!












 On the way home from Church today the temperature dropped RAPIDLY! So cold. Put on my first bit of winter gear thus far:


1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and input, and I sincerely take them to heart.