Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Last 3 weeks in review...video included

    
My friend, artist and blogger extraordinaire JULIE ALLEY hosted a Valentine's Day Art Day for the homeschoolers. Way to save like $35.00 by not going to Hallmark! We made cards for our friends and families. We learned about focal points and negative imaging. Julie...YOU ROCK! I always tell her that she is going to make a million dollars when she turns her blog into a book...or what not! Don't forget ME Jules :)

Last Monday I was making dinner and caught the boys playing in the yard together. They were playing "Dragon and Brave Knight". Yes...Cole was using my lawn chair as wings! Love that kid!

 We have been studying Mummies and Pyramids in Lily's History. She let me (barely) mummify her in toilet paper. I thought Owen was going to bust open a vein laughing at the 'toilet paper party'. Seriously though...I mounted the remaining portion of the roll on her pony-tail. Yeah...she is a trooper for sure! Love ya LIL! You won't forget that. Gross though: the Egyptians would shove a tool up the cadaver's nose, mash up the brain and pull it out. I know...so gross. I am classic for hearing a terribly disgusting story and compulsively sharing it...Tina, remember the baby raccoon story? What is it about humans that we do that...it makes us feel better to share horrible stories :)


Here is my baby Owen reading to my baby Whitney...

Last weekend we also visited Grandma and Grandpa Kubilus. Tim had a one day business trip to Boca, so we decided to make a trip of it! I had a great time with my parents, watched my penguin children swim in 68-degree water, taught a PIYO class for my friend Shana, hung out with my precious girlfriend Wendi, and got a pedi with my awesome pal and EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION featured photographer Angel Gray. Love my girlfriends in 32937! Lily got to go to my Mom's second grade class. Tim wrestled a snake out of the screen room. Mr. Lou brought over his new 6 week old puppy Cara (pronounced Cata because its Italian!) It also just so happened to be the last launch of The Discovery.  Under a cloudy sky we heard the sonic boom, but the shuttle was a no show from my back-yard. We visited my grandpa, and also walked to Gleason park...a favorite IHB activity of mine.
Here is Davie and Owen, new best pals!
 Wendi and her sweet Rae! We had a blast playing with our babies in the same living room we used to hang out in as teenagers! So wild! Wen is so beautiful and still looks like a teenager!

 We really should have just watched the launch on TV...this was the best view...




 Walking home from Gleason Park we found about 20 wood-storks in somebody's yard!
 Tim vs. the wild
 I mean COME ON!!!
 Grandpa loves Whit-Whit cheeks...
 Angel baby!
*PRAISE REPORT! I have been quite concerned about Whitney's lack of eye-contact. Right before her 6 month visit she started looking into my eyes (even when called), and smiling. She is now on the Batey track by talking, talking, talking! It is such a relief and a blessing to know that she is doing fine!!!
Ahhhhhh...All caught up on my BLOG...now about the laundry and house...

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and input, and I sincerely take them to heart.