Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Soccer and a quiet week...

9:15am last Saturday Tim, the 4 kids, drinks, baby bags, coffee, soccer balls, change of clothes, the kitchen sink and I loaded the van...VAN! ahhh, who am I???, ...as we headed over to what Owen called, "Tom's Brown Park" (aka. Tom Brown Park). Coach Tim lead the ambiguously named 'BLUE' team to a 5-1 victory...but parents aren't really supposed to keep score. We then drove over to a special treat lunch at our fav Tallahassee hot spot Cabo's, then drove to Ross & Stacy's new place in Southwood...hung out for about an hour and then went to Morningside Baptist off of Pedrick for Owen's first Skeeters practice (SO CUTE!)...then we loaded back up and Tim watched the kid at the insanely over populated Tom's Brown Park so I could get a quick 4 miler in with Jess and Crissa. A run on sentence to match the run on day. So fun though in every which way. I also have photos of a mini shoot I put Whitney through in the most adorable socks you will ever see from my famous friend Angel :)   Now these are not professional photos or anything, but the one of the socks is decent. It has been a productive and quiet week on the home front. Everyone got lots of school done the last 3 days, and my bootcamp has returned outside and picked up some. A generous portion of each of my days is spent feeding my delightfully ravenous children. I almost never have spoiled left overs because they eat it all up for lunch. I have to say that during the times that I feel snappy, unkempt and under productive in the way of chores and school, my kids eat well. That's a nice constant. Struggling with the grocery bills a few years back has still quickened me to gratitude in the realm of having clean, healthy and yummy foods for the kids. I still am very much grateful!
   Spoiler of the week: we canceled cable and had Netflix streamed. So, I decided to watch the Masterpiece Theater mini-series Downton Abbey (NOT for kids)...and after cramming through 7 episodes (I watch TV like I read...compulsively until its through)...I realized it was AN UNRESOLVED TV SHOW  ***NOT***  a MINI SERIES! That would be the equivalent of watching Pride and Prejudice and STOPPING when Elizabeth Bennet is visiting her friend Fanny and gets the letter from Mr. Darcy and BAM! ITS OVER! I quit TV. Such a time leak.

Without further ado...
             Whitney's in a Mega Saucer!




 True Love...
 Here are those SOCKS:



 

 Lily and Owen studied Joseph as part of their Ancient History...so I had them make their own version of his coat outside:




1 comment:

  1. We cancelled our cable too!!! I thought I would keel over and die without HGTV, but...I'm still alive and crafting thanks to the Internet!!! P.S. Love the new pics.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and input, and I sincerely take them to heart.